Follow few steps and just make your Windows XP look like Windows 8. Here you have to download several things… May be about 80-90 MBs!!!!
First go to Custopack.com .
Download Custopack Tools from the home page…….
Here is the Direct Link to Download it: – CLICK HERE (CUSTOPACK TOOLS)
It allows to install a Custopack themes.
Install Custopack Tools. It may take a few minutes.
Now Download “Seven Inspirat” from Custopack.com
Direct Link: – CLICK HERE (SEVEN INSPIRAT).
Install Seven Inspirat. You need CustoPack Tools get installed before installing this.
Now you might be satisfied by a new look to your desktop pc.
Your Computer is now has almost have a look of Windows 7……….
Now its time to upgrade to Windows 8.
Extract the Downloaded Archive and Follow the steps given below:
Or just FOLLOW the “Why Don’t you read me first.txt” inside the archive.
- Go to ‘Fonts’ folder inside the Archive and install the file. It installs the theme fonts.
- Go to ‘Themes’ folder and install Themes.exe inside the folder. Now you got another Windows 7 theme but having some nice effects.
- Now go to ‘Extra Common Tasks/Bottom Common Tasks.
- Copy the Shellstyle.dll file which is inside the folder ‘Bottom Common Tasks’ and paste it into C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\SevenVG RTM\Shell\Basic48 and replace the file.
- Now In the desktop: Right Click\Properties\Appearance. Select Basic48 in the list and Click OK.
- Install STYLER TOOLBAR. Note there are two Files.
- Then install the ‘ICONIZED TOOLBAR HACK.
- Now you’re finished with this archive.
Download Windows 8 M3 starter kit by PeterRollar.
It contains Windows 8 Border Skin, Styler Skin, ViStart, TClock Common Task etc.
- Run “BorderSkin.exe“. It gives you a glass effect to the Theme.
- Run “ViStart.exe” It makes your start menu as in Vista and Seven.
- Download “STYLER” software from HERE.
- There is a Readme File inside the Styler software when you extract it. Read it and you can install the Styler Toolbar provided in the Windows 8 M3 starter Kit. So you can get a toolbar in Windows Explorer.
- There is a file called ‘shellstyle.dll‘ inside the kit. Copy it to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\SevenVG RTM\Basic48 and replace the existing file as done previously.
- Now install ‘TClock‘.
Download the Logon Screen of Windows 8: DOWNLOAD LINK.
Copy the logonui.exe file to C:\Windows\system32 and replace the Original one. (Note that you have to take the backup of the original.
Visit here for more information on Replacing : LINK.
Now you are 60% done……. It is time to change icons, appearance and so on……
PLEASE HAVE A LOOK ON THE LINK. : – LINK. It is a very big guide.
If you follow it perfectly…… you will sure get the look of Windows 8.
And you’re done. Best of Luck!!!
Slightly adapted from askvg.com